• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Masters thesis topic ideas for 2015

This topic is 872 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all, I am a graduate student in Computer Science at the University of Warsaw, Poland, and I am trying to think of a thesis topic related to computer graphics.

My teacher is after CG plus Image Processing. But, I need a topic about CG minus Image-processing. Coz, I am not interested in Image Processing. Since many of you are well versed in the field (I have only taken an introductory course and done some minor tinkering with OpenGL) I thought I would see if any of you had some good thesis topic ideas for me. If you have a good problem to solve that could be worked out in a year or two of research and work or less, then please by all means give me some suggestions.

Thanks for any suggestions! Piantek.

Advertisement

But, I need a topic about CG minus Image-processing. Coz, I am not interested in Image Processing

A pretty good chunk of modern computer graphics *is* image processing.

Sure, there's some geometry being rendered, but all the fancy lighting, shadows, HDR, bloom, film grain, and so on, that make modern video games look so spectacular, are all applications of image processing.

I personally would probably got here (http://research.google.com) for inspiration.  That being said, my interests are more aligned with machine perception.  At the end of the day, this will be your dark corner of expert level knowledge so take some time and pick it well!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement