• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Enzo Falone

i can't uninstall vs 2015 community

This topic is 1044 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i cant uninstall vs community because i deleted the folder, when i install that it was bad installed, so i deleted to install retry, but, it don't works

Advertisement

What OS? 

Well the basic thing you can try is:

1.add/remove programs or programs and features

2.scroll down to vs2015 click once on it

3.see what options it gives you (it gave me an option called change)

4.pick best option or only option.

5.you'll have to figure it out from there.

I would not really recommend an uninstall of VS. It has so many optional bits and hooks deep into a system that things are never right after you remove it. The system can become unstable due to loads of crap in the registry that gets left behind.

When I install a new VS I leave the previous version in place as they can live side by side or I blow away the OS and reinstall from the ground up.

Given that you ask about the current one I would recommend you re-install then leave it alone.  

Probably not what you want to hear but from years of installing dev kits on PCs (VS1 onwards)

i cant uninstall vs community because i deleted the folder, when i install that it was bad installed, so i deleted to install retry, but, it don't works

On Windows, the proper method for uninstalling a program depends on what method you used to install it.

- If you used an installer, you need to use the matching uninstaller.
- If you manually copied or unzipped the files yourself, you can just delete them.

In the case of VS2015, it uses an installer, so you must use its uninstaller. However, Visual Studio is notorious for having an uninstaller that puts other versions of Visual Studio into an inoperable state (this was true from VS2005 to VS2010 anyway. I don't know about 2012, 2013, or 2015 because I stopped uninstalling them after being F***ed over too many times).

If you don't use the appropriate method, you'll leave your computer in a state that can be a huge pain to recover from. Edited by Nypyren

I've had to download a specific VS installer and run it to uninstall in the past, so if you deleted files on the hard drive this may be what you need to do.

Repair the installation from the Add/Remove menu then uninstall it.

Removing the folder causes problems. Changing the drive letter causes problems. Repairing it works; just had to do that myself after swapping out my last spinning harddrives for SSDs.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!