• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
cocos2d

New Swift based game API

This topic is 953 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi

My name is Lars Birkemose, and I am the maintainer and developer of the Apple based version of cocos2d, previously known as cocos2d-iphone, and now under the name cocos2d-objc.

I am a huge fan of Swift, and because of that, I would like to create a new, modern and modular Swift based version of cocos2d. So I have started a KickStarter project for a reboot of cocos2d-objc, written exclusively in Swift. I currently have a proof of concept, plus support from industry leading RemObjects Software, who will supply cross platform tools and technology.

As promised, Apple has just made Swift open source, which I think is an amazing start to this project.

If you think this sounds interesting, please consider supporting.

/Birkemose

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!