Easy Adobe Photoshop questions...

Started by
5 comments, last by GrimRupert 22 years, 5 months ago
I just have two quick questions on Adobe Photoshop. #1 - Is there someway to erase using the transparency color? The gradient eraser erases to vast an area. #2 - Is it possible to slide the image down one pixel row? (basically bump the image down one) This way I don''t have to redraw the whole image to do some walking graphics. School sucks, people suck, family sucks, life sucks, reality sucks... When all else fails, Playstation prevails...
School sucks, people suck, family sucks, life sucks, reality sucks...When all else fails, Playstation prevails...
Advertisement
quote:
#1 - Is there someway to erase using the transparency color? The gradient eraser erases to vast an area.

I am not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean clear a colored area to the transparency color? (try select color range or change the tolerance of the bucket tool). You can also just draw a selection with the magnetic lasso, then add or subtract with the regular lasso (although this is easier to do if you have a pen tablet).

quote:
#2 - Is it possible to slide the image down one pixel row?

1.Select All ( CTRL+A )
2.Move Tool ( V )
3.Push the arrow keys to move the whole image, one pixel at a time
Thanks for the help when moving the picture.

What I meant about the erasing thing, basically I want to erase one pixel at a time. However, it doesn''t seem to allow that.

Thanks for all the help you have and may give me.

School sucks, people suck, family sucks, life sucks, reality sucks...
When all else fails, Playstation prevails...
School sucks, people suck, family sucks, life sucks, reality sucks...When all else fails, Playstation prevails...
Which version of Photoshop do you have? The Background Eraser tool should do what you want.
Click the eraser. Change the eraser mode to Pencil or Paintbrush, and select a brush that is only 1 pixel in diameter.
I am using Adobe Photoshop 6.0 Educational Version (I don''t have it at home yet), and could you specifically tell me how you change the eraser mode to pencil?

Thank you

School sucks, people suck, family sucks, life sucks, reality sucks...
When all else fails, Playstation prevails...
Push the eraser tool (E).
On the top property bar, change MODE: from BLOCK to PAINTBRUSH.
Select the smallest brush from BRUSH.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement