• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Peke

[Help] How to create a game like original gangstaz

This topic is 1010 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everybody,

I am new to mobile programming, but know some coding.

I took the example of Original Gangstaz because I liked the click-only based system, including also multiplayer and level up rpg like.

I know it will be a lot of work but I've enough time !

Thank you in advance for your help,

And excuse my bad English :)

Advertisement

Welcome, Peke.

Your English is fine. Your question, however, is far too vague.

You'll need to be a lot more specific for us to give you any meaningful help. Just asking how to create a game like [fill in game here], could result in answers like:

1. Write the code.

2. Create the art and audio assets.

3. Done.

What specifically do you need help with? What language(s) are you comfortable with? What kind of programming have you already done?

Help us to help you.

Thank you for your answer.

Unefortunately I only know Html5, and I know that I will have to learn the basics, and after the more difficult !

In fact I don't know which language I would have to use, as I'm new to mobile developpement.

But basically, the game is a "click for action" rpg : mission 1, you click the fight button > +10xp > you receive a loot

So I think it would be a "standard" app, with buttons making different actions, and then insert levels.

This is the beginning, but I have a lot more ideas lol

Thank you for your help

Edited by Peke

Peke, you better start from the bottom, and not worry about making your Gangstaz type game until you have a better grasp of what making games are all about.  I'd suggest you start with Unity and search for some tutorials to get you started, maybe even with some C# tutorials to start with.  Once you have a better understanding of what it takes to make a game, then you can look towards making specific games.

Good luck and have fun!

Edited by BeerNutts

Thank you Beernutts

The "Gangsta-Type" was an example as it was a game I used to play few years ago and I remembered the gameplay (I think this game doen't exist anymore)

I think Unity is 3d based, am-I right ?

What I am looking for is an "easy" way to code an app like this : (sorry for this mess huh.png )

* Action 1       *Button 1*

* Action 2       *Button 2*

Etc

So I think Unity won't be adapted.

I thought it was an easy way to start mobile coding, and trying to insert new options every time I learn new things 

Have a good evening

Mobile may not be the best place to start learning programming, but even so, what mobile platform are you targeting? That will determine what language(s) you can choose and where we can point you for tutorials and the like.

Thank you Dave Hunt,

In fact I know a bit about programing (a bit of C++ and Mysql, but I don't master them)

The best would be a cross IOS-Android platform, but if it is too complicated, I would choose IOS...

Thank you for your help

Edited by Peke

I think Unity is 3d based, am-I right ?

What I am looking for is an "easy" way to code an app like this : (sorry for this mess  )

Unity is 3d or 2d, and it is an easy, cross platform (including mobile) game making engine.  It's going to be your quickest way to make a game IMO.

Guys... The game he's requesting is essentially a text based RPG (Just with GUI buttons). This should be done through a non-game dev stack like using whatever GUI API iphone uses.

Unefortunately I only know Html5, and I know that I will have to learn the basics, and after the more difficult

In fact I know a bit about programing (a bit of C++ and Mysql, but I don't master them)

Those two statements are at odds with one another.

At any rate, if you want to do cross-platform iOS/Android, you'll need some kind of cross-platform tool to bridge the two platforms. Since you know html, you might look into PhoneGap, which uses html, css and javascript, If you want to learn/use a different language you could look at something like Xamarin, which lets you use C# for both platforms and, with Xamarin.Forms, pretty much lets you write once and run on both platforms. You may have to do some device-specific code for the two platforms, but it would still be in C#.  

If you only want iOS, then you could still use Xamarin or PhoneGap, or you could go native with Objective-C (sort of a "C with objects").

As conquestor3 pointed out, you're really just going for a basic button-driven app, so any of the basic tutorials available for whatever toolset you choose should get you on your way.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!