(POWERC) My Shooter Game - Python

Started by
1 comment, last by devO6 8 years, 3 months ago

So I've been in this game programming process for years, and I'm not where I should be respectibly to myself and my goals. But A few months back I decided that my knowledge accumulated over the years learning C++, C, C#, and Java, that although I wondered to a point where I could make a functional game, procratination and lack of motivation killed my way. So to revive my own effort to atleast create one game after life had turned more serious for me in other aspect I decided to learn python and make a game there. This is just me showing how it will look and what I have so far. I call the game PowerC. Knowing myself I decided that a framework that sounded interesting and like something that I love would fit great with staying on task so I used the Bacon framework.

Name: PowerC

Language: Python

Framework: Bacon Game Engine

Game Description: You are a Turrent Spaceship flying around with 5 lives that run throught the whole game. Their are level but for each level they are limited ammount of live refills that pop up. While you progress the ammount of enemies(missiles) flying towards you increase, periodically getting more intensive as the game progresses. You win by finishing 10 total level without losing all lives.

Progress:

Window - Screen can display graphics, and updates

Player - Player Controller is set up can move all directions. The Turrent Follows the mouse directions, while still attached to the base.

Mechanics - Player Border, Game Logs Postions

Note: It's not much, everything has been hit and miss but progress is progress way more than I did in 4 years. Only challenge I had was having to calculate the mouse location and rotating the turrent acording to follow it.

Advertisement

Dude after years of coding this isn`t really what you`d normally expect smile.png (not to kill the flame in you though)!

I started learning coding about 2 years ago (out of hobby) , or maybe less, after the learning time (about ~8 months) I`ve created some android games ( They are done using Python too but i`m using a library called Kivy) . Check them out, here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Green+Byte+Entertainment

Try Retro Boxing it`s the most successfull one.

@vcjr12 Very nice dude, keep them coming! biggrin.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement