• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Nachorl250

(Free) (Windows) Z Warriors: Universal - DBZ based ActionRPG (Legacy of Goku remake)

This topic is 1088 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[attachment=30037:Logo.png]
Hey there!

About a year ago I came up with the idea of making a Legacy Of Goku I, II and Buu's Fury remake for PC called Z Warriors: Universal. Well, I have just released the first saga (Saiyans), and I'm looking for some general feedback (bugs, opinions on the mapping, the HUD, mechanics, etc).
Trailer:

Screenshots:
[attachment=30030:1.png]
[attachment=30031:2.png]
[attachment=30032:3.png]
[attachment=30033:4.png]
[attachment=30034:5.png]
[attachment=30035:6.png]
[attachment=30036:7.png]

The link is https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsh2fchwnnyb9a4/Z%20Warriors%20Universal%20Installer.rar?dl=0 (Always remember to execute the game as an Administrator, otherwise you won't be able to save your progress or update the game)

It starts with the arrival of Raditz and finishes with the defeat of Vegeta, but I included a updatable launcher so that I can fix bugs and add more sagas as time goes on.

One problem I know some of you might encounter is the enemies not responding to certain attacks. I'm redoing the collision detection now, and will almost certainly have it done by update 1.1.15.

If you have any suggestion or bug report, please PM me or contact me through Twitter (@NachoCasamayou)

Controls:

Arrow keys - Movement

Shift - Dash

Z- Melee attacks

X- Special attacks/Drink/Eat/use special items

C- Defense

A/S- change selected attack/item

1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8- change selected attack/item

Escape-backwards in menus

Space/Enter-Interact (save points, talking, etc)

If you wanna contact me, feel free to tweet me at @NachoCasamayou, comment here, or even in the Reddit thread ( https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/3wq6ee/legacy_of_goku_series_remake_download/ ) where I'll read it almost immediatley (if I'm awake XD)

Disclaimer:

Sprites and Tilesets made by Webfoot Technologies, ripped by users of SpritersResource and Spritedatabase, then adapted by me

Cutscenes and faces drawn by /u/siglumdiabolik

Music made by Webfoot Technologies

Idea based on Dragon Ball Z, which rights belong to Toei Animation, Funimation, Fuji TV and Akira Toriyama

Game made in RPG Maker MV

I do NOT intend making any profit from this project.

Thanks for your attention and enjoy the game biggrin.png

Edit 1: Update 1.1.15 released to the launcher. This update brings huge changes to the game.
The most important ones are the new hitbox system (fixing all the bugs from version 1.1.14 that didn't allow the player to hit the enemies) and the new damage indicators, which are numbers that appear above the character/enemy that's being hit to indicate how much Health Points the attack dealt.

Changes:

-New hitbox system that works almost flawlessly

-Damage indicators

-The final bosses (Vegeta and Nappa) now work (the map changes in 1.1.14 from Nappa's fight to Vegeta's wouldn't work)

-Vegeta and Nappa nerfed

-Safe points now directly open the menu, which contains the Change character and Save functions instead of having them be apart from the menu.

-The menu now displays the player's level, HP and EP correctly.

-Now the sprites for Piccolo and Goku doing their respective attacks are animated.

-Kaiosama/King Kai no longer gets stuck talking after the fight against Nappa

-Special attacks from Nappa and Vegeta no longer get bugged if the player hits the enemies

-Nappa now speaks English (XD)

-Goku and Gohan now level up in a reasonable manner after their respective timeskips

-Fixed more translation errors

-A few more bugs that I can't remember
Edited by Nachorl250

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!