DirectX on the XBox

Started by
11 comments, last by superpig 22 years, 5 months ago
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Please tell me as i''m very curiuos.

As I stated, me too .

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
Advertisement
PSioNiC, do you think you could e-mail me or something the Xdev? How big is it? If you could, get it here that would be awesome! I hope it will work.

Tazzel3d ~ Zach ~ dwiel@hotmail.com
quote:Original post by PSioNiC
All Microsoft is doing is just raming an unmodified Ti500 in there, which is why it would probably be possible to have an XBox game running under OpenGL (anybody who would actually do that needs a life, but thats beside the point)

That wasn't a shot at OpenGL. If XBox used OpenGL i would have said the same thing to DX. Why spend time and money trying to make the XBox do OpenGL when there is a perfectly good API sitting there already??? Sure it might be cool, but that doesn't sell a game.

quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
What is wrong with programming for the XBox with OpenGL? I'me a hobbiest on a Linux machine, so naturally i choose OpenGL. I could emulate averything i need in a windows just fine and code for an XBox (if i decide to buy one). Why is doing DirectX instead having a life? Why isn't OpenGL a life? What's so bad about OpenGL? Please tell me as i'm very curiuos.

Understand what im saying before you make quick judgement calls. You're taking what im saying out of context and making it into a useless GL/DX war.

If you are going to develop a game for the XBox, you had better e a serious developer. The money is in the developer with the game already programmed waiting to release his game worldwide, not "hobbiest" in his basement playing around with OpenGL/DirectX. Taxxel3D, if you are a serious developer and have a really good idea for a great game, then what you should do is:

1) Finish your game
2) Present it to Microsoft via email
3) Port it to the XBox
4) Take it to a publisher.

Thats why you only have 6 months to find a publisher, you are supposed to have your game leaning towards the end of development when you take it to Microsoft. They aren't going to give you a developer kit if you have a bad game, cause why would they want to make a bad name for the XBox ?

This is the route im taking. I don't mean to crash your hopes, but I wouldn't plan on getting any pieces of the developer kit sent to you by somebody other than Microsoft. Its because of the fact that you have to sign an ND agreement. I assume it would void your contract if you released that information to anybody.
My ICQ is 34740195 if you want to keep in touch.

Edited by - Psionic on November 18, 2001 10:09:05 PM
"This is stupid. I can't believe this! Ok, this time, there really IS a bug in the compiler."... 20 mins pass ..."I'M AN IDIOT!!!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement