glut window

Started by
4 comments, last by hello_there 22 years, 5 months ago
i''ve been told that you can open a gl window in 2 lines using glut. is this true? if so how? also do the gl drawing commands have to be in a certain function or can that be anywhere. eg on nehe''s site the drawing commands are in the function int DrawGLScene(GLvoid) do they have to be? hmmm interesting
____________________________________________________________How could hell be worse?
Advertisement
It''s true taht with glut you can create a glwindow in few lines:

glutInitWindowPosition(0,0); //position of the left bottom corner
glutInitWindowSize(1024,768); // size of the window
glutCreateWindow("Title");// Window Title

Drawing commands can be in other funtion, but this function must be called in the DisplayFunction.

draw_triangle{
glBegin();
glVertex2f(0,0);
glVertex2f(1,0);
glVertex2f(1,1);
}

display_func{ // the display function(or DrawGlScene).
draw_triangle();
}

I hope I have answer your question and that you have understood me (my english is not very good)...
thank you lots i''ve been wondering how to do this for ages and your english was good.

hmmm interesting
____________________________________________________________How could hell be worse?
Pleased to answer you and pleased to see that my english is not so bad...
  voiddisplay(){  // your code here}intmain( int argc, char** argv ){  glutInit( &argc, argv ); // initializes GLUT  glutCreateWindow( "Title" ); // creates a window with the default parameters;  glutDisplayFunc( display ); // registers the display function;  glutMainLoop(); // gets the ball rolling}  

More is needed to have something useful, but this will create a window... without barfing.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Allow me to recommend an alternative to glut more sutable for games:

http://allegrogl.sourceforge.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement