• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DUDVim

Descriptors and heaps and screaming in the dark

This topic is 1078 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I started today so i'm a bit new on DirectX12 smile.png. No DirectX 10/11 experience to speak of so these Descriptors/Heaps/Tables/Signatures is a bit confusing when the documentation reference directX 11 smile.png. Anyone who has any good guides or has written any nice blog posts about these things to help me wrap my head around it. Without to much knowledge of DirectX 11 neeeded smile.png.

My notes so far can be found here http://www.gamedevpensieve.com/graphics/graphic-api/directx12.

Edited by Spinningcubes

Advertisement

Everyone's a little new to using them, I mostly read the MSDN documentation and the github samples for usage demonstrations. I think the complicated part is that they're flexible, so there's more than one way to do the same thing.

https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectX-Graphics-Samples

I think it helps to look at their root signature files too for examples. Do you have any specific questions?

Ohh i missed the existence of the samples. Will make things a bit more easy :).

So is it common then for each resource to have more then one descriptors pointing to it with the same settings? If another object should use the same 3 textures but another shader for example.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!