• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Jossos

Visual studio cannot compile 32bit or Release Mode

This topic is 1078 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I do 32bit compilation, I get this error - "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."

So apparently that means something's wrong with the dlls?

I used dependency checker on the 32bit exe and I get this:

wot.jpg

Not sure what it means.

I fixed the release Mode error.

Edited by Jossos

Advertisement
Ate both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions of the visual c++ runtime installed correctly?

Your image does not work for me by the way...

Ate both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions of the visual c++ runtime installed correctly?

I don't know I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice now, nothing fixed.

You can look at this that has some basic info.

I suggest that you search MSDN for the error.

HTH

I have googled for hours now. Already seen that link and have downloaded dependancy program as he said, and i don't understand what im looking at. MSDN is no help either.

Edited by Jossos

The image hoster appears to not support hot-linking, grabbing the address out of the image properties and manually navigating to it worked.

If you look at the bottom of the window you can see several errors about DLLs it couldn't find.

So yes, the first thing you should do is make sure you have the proper runtime installed for the version of visual studio you are using (2015, 2013, etc)

Since you're trying to build a 32-bit version, make sure you install the 32-bit redistributables, not the 64-bit ones. (It's entirely likely that your default Visual Studio install installed the 64-bit ones only)

Also, it's a bit of a stretch (since it sounds like you've got it working in other build configurations) but the DLL names mention WinRT - so are you trying to run a Windows 8 program on Windows 7? Edited by SmkViper

Have you looked up error 0xc000007 in the windows error list?

This error code indicates you are loading a 64 bit dll into a 32 bit image, or vice versa, so it sounds like your build environment is messed up with regards to the bitness of the build target.

Double check the visual c++ and C# dotnet runtimes and make sure both 32 and 64 bit are correctly installed.

Edited by braindigitalis

Looks like you've got a 64-bit DLL in the same folder as your EXE; causing a cascade of x64 dlls to also be included.

I would start by looking there is no msvcp140d.dll in your EXE folder.

Ok so the Issue was with Assimp 3.1. I downgraded to 3.0 and now it works fine. 

Edited by Jossos

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!