• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Blixt Gordon

Google Analytics for iOS

This topic is 991 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is GA the way to go if I want to track usage on my iOS app? I've searched a bit for any tool from Apple, but I've not found any. I just want to make sure that I've not missed something.

Is there any problem with using GA in my app during beta testing, and also after release?

Thanks!

Advertisement

I can't offer any comparisons to other options, but it's worked well enough for us and we haven't caught any flack from Apple over it. Apple doesn't offer in-app analytics. We do make note of it clearly in our privacy policy page.

Google Analytics is perfectly fine for iOS apps.  I have used it in the past along with various other solutions.

I am not currently using it on my current project because of legal reasons though.  This is that with Google Analytics Google owns the analytics data.  This is not normally a problem for most games and apps but with the current project I'm on (finance related) it would be illegal.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!