DX8 headers & libs

Started by
4 comments, last by Nicholas Shea 22 years, 5 months ago
Does anyone know where I can get the DX8 Input headers and libs? If I try to download the MS DX8 SDK, it insists on installing the _whole_ Platform SDK as well. This gives a download time of over 24 hours on my 56k modem. All I want is the DX8 headers and libs so I can compile NeHe''s latest game tutorials. (I''m using Codewarrior Pro 5.3 - not VC++). I need DirectInput, DirectSound, DirectMusic etc. I already have DX8 runtime installed. Any help whould be much appreciated. Cheers, --Nick
Advertisement
NeHe? Did you mean NeXe?

Anyway... Try getting the ''C++ only'' partial SDK. It''s only 45 megs (took a few hours on my 33.6), and the tutorials can be more than useful.
>Did you mean NeXe
No, NeHe. Some of the game tutorials use Direct Input.

>Anyway... Try getting the ''C++ only'' partial SDK. It''s only
>45 megs (took a few hours on my 33.6), and the tutorials can
>be more than useful.

Thanks Poya, but can you give me a URL? The only ''partial'' SDK for C++ I can find at Microsoft is 128MB.

--Nick

OK here is the interesting thing. They seem to have removed all the links to partial DirectX 8.0 SDK, ever since DX 8.1 was released. But I''m sure they still have it somewhere in their archives. Ask around for the link, or email microsoft or something to get the URL.

Good Luck
Click on the Rabbit and hit the tricks section.

I have the SDK divided up.

Ben

quote:Original post by KalvinB
Click on the Rabbit and hit the tricks section.

I have the SDK divided up.

Ben

Thanks very much Ben Looks like there''s lots of great stuff
on your web site... Cheers,
--Nick

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement