• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
rfonseca

test_features fails to compile when STREAM_TO_FILE defined

This topic is 988 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Maybe this is not important, but if you add -DSTREAM_TO_FILE when compiling the test_feature set, it fails with:

../../source/test_saveload.cpp: In function ‘bool TestSaveLoad::Test()’:
../../source/test_saveload.cpp:880:40: error: ‘class CBytecodeStream’ has no member named ‘buffer’
   asDWORD crc1 = ComputeCRC32(&stream2.buffer[0], asUINT(stream2.buffer.size()))
                                        ^
../../source/test_saveload.cpp:880:66: error: ‘class CBytecodeStream’ has no member named ‘buffer’
   asDWORD crc1 = ComputeCRC32(&stream2.buffer[0], asUINT(stream2.buffer.size()))
                                                                  ^
../../source/test_saveload.cpp:907:40: error: ‘class CBytecodeStream’ has no member named ‘buffer’
   asDWORD crc2 = ComputeCRC32(&stream4.buffer[0], asUINT(stream4.buffer.size()))
                                        ^
../../source/test_saveload.cpp:907:66: error: ‘class CBytecodeStream’ has no member named ‘buffer’
   asDWORD crc2 = ComputeCRC32(&stream4.buffer[0], asUINT(stream4.buffer.size()))
                                                                  ^
../../source/test_saveload.cpp:912:15: error: ‘class CBytecodeStream’ has no member named ‘buffer’
   if( stream4.buffer.size() == stream2.buffer.size() )
               ^
../../source/test_saveload.cpp:912:40: error: ‘class CBytecodeStream’ has no member named ‘buffer’
   if( stream4.buffer.size() == stream2.buffer.size() )
                                        ^
../../source/test_saveload.cpp:914:35: error: ‘class CBytecodeStream’ has no member named ‘buffer’
    for( size_t b = 0; b < stream4.buffer.size(); ++b )
                                   ^
../../source/test_saveload.cpp:915:17: error: ‘class CBytecodeStream’ has no member named ‘buffer’
     if( stream4.buffer != stream2.buffer )
                 ^
../../source/test_saveload.cpp:915:38: error: ‘class CBytecodeStream’ has no member named ‘buffer’
     if( stream4.buffer != stream2.buffer )
                                      ^
makefile:203: recipe for target 'obj/test_saveload.o' failed

Advertisement

It's definitely not of importance. I only use this if I have the need to compare bits and bytes in the serialized stream between two versions to debug a problem. 

But thanks for letting me know anyway. :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!