gmax

Started by
18 comments, last by chillah 22 years, 4 months ago
Hi. Has anyone used Discreet''s free gmax 3d program? If so, what is your opinion of it?
"I'm never alone, I'm alone all the time" - Glycerine-Bush"It starts with one thing" In The End-Linkin Park
Advertisement
Gmax is great, admittedly I’ve only done one model with it, but you have what I think is the best free modeller you can get.
Look here to see what you can do with it.At least what i can do.
not that great a modeller.

Paul

Ok, dont look there, look here:
http://www.beattiep68.freeserve.co.uk/
great cart cenuij, but why cannot I save and export the model by gMax? the options are gray!!
Hi,
Only game developers with a license will have a version of Gmax that wil export/import. Although, you can get maxscripts that will let you import. Apparently no way of exporting from Gmax as it is. Gmax is designed to be used with a game, which will let you save files that can be taken into another program.
Hope this helps
Paul

Hey, does anyone know how big the GMax download is supposed to be? Because it says
21Mb on their site, but I started downloading it a few days ago and it''s currently up to 106Mb.......
Is my download screwed?
Hey, does anyone know how big the GMax download is supposed to be? Because it says
21Mb on their site, but I started downloading it a few days ago and it''s currently up to 106Mb.......
Is my download screwed?
Probably. Don''t remember the exact size, but it wasnt over 25 megs for me.

Psalm 137:9: "Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones."
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Sorry dude I think your download is screwed, thats way over this size. There is a trick to save in MD3 format with GMax. Download the Tempest add-on and install it. Look in the Tempest directories for a file called MD3EXP.DLE and copy it to your gmax/plugin directory. Now you can export to MD3 format, import into MilkShape and export into a whole wad of other formats.

Edited by - LegionX on November 27, 2001 6:21:19 AM
I still recommend Blender for the sheer power it offers. If you''re serious about doing graphics and animations Blender is worth learning.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement