• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
VanillaSnake21

Application runs twice in Visual Studio

This topic is 1063 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

As of recent my Visual Studio started running things twice when I press F5. I'm not really sure why it's happening and can't find any answers elsewhere. Stackexchange says to disable Avast, which I don't have. I did some testing and it seems like when I press Build Project, it builds it and automatically runs the built exe without a debugger. But when I press F5 it builds it first then runs it with a debugger. But for some reason it still first runs without a debugger, and once I close this first instance it starts a new one with a debugger. So it's very annoying to have to close an extra instance everytime. Also this only happens when the program is out of date and it has to be built, if it's up to date and I press F5 it runs just fine with the debugger. So is there any way to disable VS from auto-starting a program once it's built. I've been sitting here for an hour now looking through every option, but it just doesn't seem to exist!

Advertisement

@Henderson it's actually only that project. I tried creating an console project on the same machine and it doesn't have that behavior. 

@Nypyren I don't have any build steps involved. 

At this point I'm just thinking of moving the whole project over to a new one, but I'd really not do that as I feel it's going to be a hassle. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!