Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

malyskolacek

DX8 not rendering all pixels in same color with FLAT shading?!?

Hi all, seems it doesn't ,because I'm rendering a mesh in a simple diffuse color with no lights(except 0xffffffff ambient) and with flat shading, and the output pixels are not all the same. They vary slightly-pixel from left side of the screen isn't the same as the one on the right side. I realy need them to be same Thanks for helping me Edited by - malyskolacek on November 17, 2001 1:26:05 PM

I assume that your light is set up correctly, and all you vertices have the same color, and all your primitives have the same normal, and it isn''t a hardware problem, everything should work fine.

Well something must be wrong then, you have to break your problem down one step at a time.

If your current program is large, write a test app, with the same basic structure but as simple as possible. See if you get the same problem.

It should be easier to find the problem under those circumstances.

Does your monitor have speakers, or do you have speakers close by, that could be causing the problem to.

By how much do the colors change from left to right?

Edited by - burp on November 17, 2001 4:08:18 PM

1) take a screenshot of your app
2) load it into paint shop/photoshop/whatever you use
3) test the RGB color values of the pixels on the right and the ones on the left

If they are the same, then get a new monitor
if they aren''t, then look through your code some more