• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Trakaiz

(UE4) Use button in inventory to show/hide items.

This topic is 1054 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

i created my inventory. On the right side of my inventory I have item crafting.

I got different categories(screenshot). I followed this (

) tutorial series.

He made it so you click an actual slot. I wanted to make it so the crafting panel will always be the same, players can't drop items in there.

So my question is: how do I make my button show/hide the items under each category? I don't want the button to be an actual item slot where players drop their items.

I think it has something to do with binding the button to an action, but i couldn't find it on the internet.

Please help me with this, I would really appreciate it!

Edited by Trakaiz

Advertisement

One option is to have a list of item with one parent which is the category, each category like that.

Then it's only needed to make one parent visible to have all these children visible (or if visible is not inherited, set visible on each child).

Edited by Alundra

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!