Kid tools in a sandbox

Started by
2 comments, last by Servant of the Lord 8 years, 2 months ago

I am designing a sandbox, where the main character is a 7yo kid, the scenario is a neighbourhood with houses and a park. One of the main features on sandbox games are the posibility to solve situations using combination of different objects (tools) in different ways.

For example, in Just Cause 3, you have the sticky rocket-bombs and the rope, idk the real names (never played), and you can attach some rocket-bombs and one end of the rope to a pedestrian and the other end of the rope to a pole, and make the pedestrian fly arround the pole. Something like this: http://9gag.com/gag/aBrv6Nx

I am looking for some ideas about what kind of tools could a 7yo kid have, and some use cases this tools could generate

Thanks in advancesmile.png

Advertisement

using some king of rope just like in Just Cause could be a good tool, but hard to implement...

Glue, scissors, a hammer, a hose, and a bucket all seems like tools a kid could easily get.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

A can of cooking spray and a match makes a visually impressive flamethrower (though underpowered) as my mom taught me when I was twelve-ish.

Molotov cocktails would also be easy to make.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement