• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

How to adjust the Player's animation for a 3D Tennis Game

This topic is 814 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, Please help. 

I from principle know how to simulate the tennis ball(just some sort of physical equation) but do have NO idea how to adjust all key-framed

player's pose animations to the current ball location.

for instance, I have a pose for back hand cut. but the ball can be anywhere apart from my predefined cut/hit position.

How can I adjust my pose according to the current ball location?

And how can I select the most suitable pose from the whole pose matrix?

And how can I know, should I use the animation for lobbing the ball, normal back hand hit, normal front hand hit or back hand cut?

Thanks for help

Advertisement

for instance, I have a pose for back hand cut. but the ball can be anywhere apart from my predefined cut/hit position.
How can I adjust my pose according to the current ball location?

'Inverse Kinematics' (IK) would be a good place to start searching.

Divide the region around the player into sections depending on how many pose animations you have.  To the left of the player back hand, to the right of the player front hand hit.  to the right but high use the lob etc..  

When the ball is near to the player use inverse kinematics to blend the animation so that it makes contact with the ball. 

thanks for your reply.

I got clearer on the way how to do that: 

- depends on the player's current position and ball position choose the most suitable pose

- use IK to bring that racquet to the ball

greet 

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement