New patches

Started by
4 comments, last by Cameron 22 years, 5 months ago
Those who have already purchased the license under different terms before the change took place, still get the patches and updates such as 4.02, etc. ? Are they on the FTP of the older members as well? Thanks
Advertisement
Hey,
sorry but Chris doesn''t seem to be around so can someone who knows answer me? I am kinda tense waiting for the answer. Do old users get to use these new things? E.g. the new patches, the new self shadow thing, etc.?

Thanks alot
Hi Cameron

There was a Thread about this very subject:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=66250
Which should answer your question.

The version of Power Render I started out with is PR3.03 so I guess I am one of the Those old users.

The way Chris has set up us old users is under two different user and password. Basically each user and password restricts us to a different area on the same FTP site. One area FTP has extra stuff such as source for the Tools I believe plus Old stuff, Past User Uploads, Exporters, the Final Power Render Release PR4, PR4 RC2, patches 4.01 and 4.02. But the other user and password restricts you to an area of the PR4 Final Release and Patches but no source. So I guess If you purchased under the new license terms you would have to email Chris for info on how to access his FTP.

Doug
Hi,

Thanks for replying. Just a little confusion.

Is one of the two seperate FTP areas for the new users and the other for the older users? If so, who gets to use which?

Or the two different FTP areas are both for older users? If so, who gets to use which?

Sorry, I am assuming the first case is the answer but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

Edited by - Cameron on November 18, 2001 7:31:19 PM

Well Cameron the way Chris has set me up is under two different user names and passwords. So yes I can access these two different area''s.

Since I started started using PR3 was in beta and Chris at the time decided to develope some usefull tools such as Proedit, Character Studio, And Landscape Studio as an old user I had access to the Microsoft Visual C source code for the tools and Binary Libraries only as well as any new examples Chris made.
Currently I am using the Power Render 4 Final Release with Patch 4.02 applied which include Chris new shadow engine.

Cameron I can only speak for myself and yes I can access two diffrent areas of the FTP site as old user under the old license terms. I would assume that both the new users under Shareware/Freeware Product License or Commercial Single User Product License would access only the same area since all they can access are the Binary updates, Udated Tools and new examples. But the Commercial Site License with Source will have users who purchase this option will be given an entirely different area of the FTP to have access to all source code, binaries, tools, examples.

Since in the begining the only Purchase choices were with or without the Source code( Every thing including the Power Render Source Code that make Power Render what it is). I purchased Power Render without the source code since at the time I didn''t have 10k to spend. All I really needed were just the librarys and example code.

Since there is a Shareware/Freeware Product License which means you can''t make a profit on this but give it away for free, Commercial Single User Product License which means you can be one single user or programer which can only sell or market one product and last a Commercial Site License with Source which means Multiple users, multiple locations and only one product.
But with this one you get All Source Code including All Tools binarys and Power Render Source that makes Power Render what it is.
So I guess Chris would would use a diffrent area for people to access the full source code.

Your can check the terms for yourself.
http://www.egerter.com/pr_purchase.htm

Doug
There are different accounts depending on the license you have.

If you''re an old user that licensed PR before the official release on Oct 17th you have access to both the old account and the commercial license account.

If you don''t know how to log on either of them you should email me for info.

Chris

Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement