Sign in to follow this  

What Language For This?

This topic is 684 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Thank you, and very funny, but not exactly what I asked for. I am assuming c++ and LUA are fit for this type. Thanks for future comments.

...Go make Pong... We can talk about Star Wars later...

Since you seem so intent on having people tell you what the "best" stuff is when you've already been given a resource that tells you there is no "best":

Use C# and Unity. They'll be easiest for a newbie like you.

Edited by Ovicior

truth is hurtful, accepting it may to some people be more hurtful, but as a fact you have to accept GD forum as a jungle with people tying to pray on the week who are resisting against changes and accepting the wrongness of their belief, knowledge or whatever else, this was in approval of what ApochPiQ have sent, while I don't agree with praying on the week, so stop further resistance if you want to survive in this jungle, well at least that's my op-onion (that one was from fastcall22 lol). correct your question by the things suggested in ApochPiQ's post, then you may get a better answer.

Edited by IYP

So if I decide to develop a side scrolling game, what type(s) of languages should I use? Engine? Specs are a star wars type side scrolling game, with feasible dialogue and such, so Help if you can! Thanks!

My vote is for Unity+c# if you just want to get it made.

Any language and engine/framework will do...

If you ask what is the easiest way to do it, then I'd vote Unity and C#.... if you can stomach some initial learning curve getting to grips with the editor, the API and the Paradigm of the engine.

If you want the simplest engine that will let you do 2D development, GameMaker might be a better idea. But there must be a ton of 2D engines out there that will do the job.

I would just like to say good luck in your project. I don't know how 'like' your planning this to be like Star Wars but my advise would be to research their trademark as LucasFilms/ Disney will probably sue you.

Kirk

I would just like to say good luck in your project. I don't know how 'like' your planning this to be like Star Wars but my advise would be to research their trademark as LucasFilms/ Disney will probably sue you.

Kirk

Good point.

Gameplay like in the classic Star Wars games, with different characters, names and vehicles/spacecraft: No problem.

Create a game with Star Wars Characters, Names and/or vehicles/spacecraft: If Lucasfilm/Disney will notice your game, you are lucky to get away with a cease and desist letter.

Of course, if its a game for your own practice that never leaves your harddrive, again you will not have a problem.

The right tool for the job is the one that does the job quickly and correctly.

Choose a language you know well and are comfortable with. Beware though, because if all you have is a hammer then pretty soon you'll be bashing in bolts into a metal plate with it...

Good luck!

This topic is 684 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.