Jump to content
  • Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jevdsnny

PRO files with mixed up textures

This topic is 6091 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I have created four "gem" models with four different textures, all using 3DS MAX. I put them all in one .dat file and load them in my game. When I display them in my game, the textures get mixed up- the blue texture appears on the yellow gem and the red texture appears on green gem, but the blue and red are fine. There seems to be different results if I use the PRO exporter in 3DS versus exporting to .3ds file, importing to PRO Edit and then saving to a PRO, just varying which texture incorrectly shows on which model. Anyone seen a similar problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
I''ve had a similar problem, which I solved by ensuring I had specified unique material names.

Aggie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wow dude, totally awesome- I spent around 3 hours trying to figure this stupid thing out. Works great when you change the material names! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah I know that feeling, took a little while for me to spot that mistake too, sure wont forget it

Aggie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!