Sign in to follow this  

New Studio Name, Thoughts?

This topic is 660 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello so I am forming a new studio that will dabble in game development, but also a few other creative areas like comic books, prose, physical games and so on. 

My last name is Bishop, so I'd like to name the studio something to do with the bishop chess piece (to make the game connection). There are a few chess terms related to chess that might be a good fit. For example-

Good Bishop Studios

Bad Bishop Studios

King's Bishop Studios

Queen's Bishop Studios

Indian Bishop Studios

Bishop Pair Studios

Do any of these stand out as being a little more buzzing than the others? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you. 

Shooting down names is fun. :-)

Good Bishop Studios --- Conjures up images of making ultra-right-wing religious games. 

Bad Bishop Studios -- Insulting religious people? I imagine a backlash every time there is a religious scandal.

King's Bishop Studios -- Sure, why not. It only makes sense to chess snobs, but fine.

Queen's Bishop Studios -- So now the bad bishop is getting some personal private time with the queen? Scandal!  Or if you know chess, you're just saying which side of the board it is on. I imagine most people wouldn't get it.

Indian Bishop Studios -- Racist!
Bishop Pair Studios -- Not sure what that really means.

There is a tool I love to use for this sort of thing. Enjoy.

Good points. 

I thought that by having the image of a bishop chess piece in the logo it would have less of the religious connotation. But I guess if I were to just say the name out loud it would just sound like a vanity name or religious name. 

Good Bishop Studios

Bad Bishop Studios

King's Bishop Studios

Queen's Bishop Studios

Indian Bishop Studios

Bishop Pair Studios

Pfft

C5XfN2C.png

I demand 75% revenue share

Edited by Waterlimon

Thank you for all the feedback, especially the funny posts. 

I ended up going with Tiger Crab Studios. 

I was born year of the Tiger (Chinese horoscope) and my Zodiac sign is cancer (the Crab). So... Tiger Crab. 

And the tiger crab (orithyia sinica) is a pretty cool looking animal, so that is what I'll incorporate into the logo design. 

1283926174533.jpg

Onwards and upwards. 

This topic is 660 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.