Sign in to follow this  

introducing iio.js! a super easy JS library for games and animations

This topic is 677 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ATdmwBWA_400x400.png

introducing iio.js!

Websiteiio.js.org

Demos: iio.js.org#demos

Tutorials: iioinc.com/tutorials

iio.js is an open source JavaScript framework that makes it super easy to make 2D games and animations with HTML5 Canvas. It isn't exactly new, its actually the newest, and rechristened, version of iio Engine, which I released about 2 years ago.

How easy is it? Here's "Hello World":

app.create( app.center, 'Hello iio' );

Just because its simple though, doesn't mean it isn't useful for complex apps. iio.js is dependency free, does not limit standard JS usage or conflict with any other libraries, and it also integrates directly with Box2D. Checkout this drag and drop demo for example: Box2D Demo

Though no mobile specific functionality is included, iio.js has been used to make iOS and Android games, here's one made pretty recently: iio.js mobile game

There's also full online documentation, which can be downloaded for offline use on Github

Check it out and let me know what you think! I've been working on this library off and on for almost 3 years now, with help from 6 other developers, and feel that this version is something special.

It even has a feature which I don't think exists anywhere else: text editing on a Canvas

I'll be continuing to work on it - my next focus is better iOS and Android integration - and releasing new demos and tutorials whenever I can. Follow the project on Twitter to hear about new content! [twitter]iioinc[/twitter]
Edited by Cbas

Sign in to follow this