• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Sik_the_hedgehog

Note to self

This topic is 1028 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

Fortunately we had good QA at a previous job, but once I was using SHDeleteFile and apparently instead of deleting a specific directory, I was deleting EVERY directory!

DELETE ALL THE DIRECTORIES!!!!

QA noticed it during install once Windows started throwing up errors.  Apparently not all critical files are locked at all times, but when it needs them and they aren't there then it's not a good thing.  XD

Pff.

You're supposed to crawl the LAN for open file shares and delete everything on there, too.

Noob.

The only reason that didn't happen is because I don't have a LAN here. The rogue script started scaling up directories until it became basically rm -rf /* (ouch)

I'm never again going to automate cleanup, I swear -_-;

I'm never again going to automate cleanup, I swear ;

Nah, it's OK if you just have a manifest of file names, no wildcards or recursive deletes...

Fortunately we had good QA at a previous job, but once I was using SHDeleteFile and apparently instead of deleting a specific directory, I was deleting EVERY directory!

DELETE ALL THE DIRECTORIES!!!!

QA noticed it during install once Windows started throwing up errors.  Apparently not all critical files are locked at all times, but when it needs them and they aren't there then it's not a good thing.  XD

Good thing QA "noticed" it laugh.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!