Sign in to follow this  

Feedback on Game Music

This topic is 665 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello this is my first post here!

To shortly introduce myself, I am a Korean university student studying computer science in New Zealand but hoping to become a musician either working in the game industry or Japanese music area.

I was able to compose in highschool because of the fact that I have been a pianist for nearly my entire life.

I am pretty new to DAWs and mixing etc. so I do no have that great variety of equipment to work with.

I was wondering if I could get some serious feedback of my original songs for games.

Mainly this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mw1U9xLiOI

Few other examples are in my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/hyokune

I really like the composition but the sample quality and mixing need a lot of work. Right now it sounds very flat which makes it difficult to convey the emotion and general grandeur of the track. First I would upgrade whatever you're using for your instruments, second I would take a few classes or tutorials in mixing and eventually mastering.

I really like the composition but the sample quality and mixing need a lot of work. Right now it sounds very flat which makes it difficult to convey the emotion and general grandeur of the track. First I would upgrade whatever you're using for your instruments, second I would take a few classes or tutorials in mixing and eventually mastering.

Yeah I think I should see some tutorials on mixing and mastering.

But yes, I'm currently saving up to buy better instruments. Thank you for your feedback!

Not to shabby, has a very final fantasy / Catherine feel to it. 

Ohh, yeah I've been mainly into FF OSTs so maybe thats why, but I haven't heard catherine yet.

Either way, thanks for listening!

This topic is 665 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.