Feedback on Game Music

Started by
6 comments, last by nsmadsen 8 years, 2 months ago

Hello this is my first post here!

To shortly introduce myself, I am a Korean university student studying computer science in New Zealand but hoping to become a musician either working in the game industry or Japanese music area.

I was able to compose in highschool because of the fact that I have been a pianist for nearly my entire life.

I am pretty new to DAWs and mixing etc. so I do no have that great variety of equipment to work with.

I was wondering if I could get some serious feedback of my original songs for games.

Mainly this song:

Few other examples are in my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/hyokune

Advertisement

I really like the composition but the sample quality and mixing need a lot of work. Right now it sounds very flat which makes it difficult to convey the emotion and general grandeur of the track. First I would upgrade whatever you're using for your instruments, second I would take a few classes or tutorials in mixing and eventually mastering.

I really like the composition but the sample quality and mixing need a lot of work. Right now it sounds very flat which makes it difficult to convey the emotion and general grandeur of the track. First I would upgrade whatever you're using for your instruments, second I would take a few classes or tutorials in mixing and eventually mastering.

Yeah I think I should see some tutorials on mixing and mastering.

But yes, I'm currently saving up to buy better instruments. Thank you for your feedback!

bump

Not to shabby, has a very final fantasy / Catherine feel to it.

. . . I'm really feeling it . . .

Not to shabby, has a very final fantasy / Catherine feel to it.

Ohh, yeah I've been mainly into FF OSTs so maybe thats why, but I haven't heard catherine yet.

Either way, thanks for listening!

bumping!

Please stop bumping this thread. There's really no need to do that.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement