What AI Problems do YOU want discussed at the AI Summit?

Started by
35 comments, last by captain_crunch 7 years, 10 months ago

Yeah, I'll be getting that one released for free at some point.

Sorry to bother you Dave but will this be unlocked sometime soon? I was waiting on it before I try to implement a TBS AI.

Bleh. Slipped my mind. I'll put in the request.

As for "waiting", I don't think that anything we presented there is going to give you some amazing magical wisdom for your TBS. It was pretty high level.

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Advertisement

Thanks Dave, about how long will it take? I am not expecting anything magical, I'm just not in a rush and wondered what was said.

-potential energy is easily made kinetic-

As soon as our "handler" at GDC can flip the switch. Didn't hear back from her today.

Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

Behold!

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1023395/AI-Pre-Mortem-How-to

Blogs I write:

Thank you :)

Edit: I must apologise as my question should have been edited better at the time I wrote it rather than the mishmash I presented.

Murder most Fowl! bad joke, brilliant timing :)

Murder most Fowl! bad joke, brilliant timing :)

That's my boy, Dawe. He's a riot!

Blogs I write:

Thanks for posting, it was interesting.

There were some good answers to the cooperating agent problem. I think the best solution is with a situation object that appears, or is created by an agent. It would have slots for X number of agents and agents could sign up to it in their evaluator, but they are not permitted to start. After all slots are filled, they can pick that task/behaviour. Further messaging is then likely needed to coordinate time and place for the activity. The messaging can happen through the situation object.

The situation object should probably be a base class with a subclass for each concrete activity/situation. All the behaviours would be foreseen by the designer, so they are not really "unexpected" as the question was formulated.

One of the panelists said "why not a squad", but I don't think a squad solution makes sense, because the activities are time limited and anyone can participate.

Also, my opinion is that it is best to keep AI logic in each agent, but perhaps a "manager" class could be responsible for generating some of these situation objects.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement