Feedback on Music and Sound Design

Started by
6 comments, last by Kasu-_- 7 years, 12 months ago

I've been working on the music and sound design far too long to be objective at this point. I could use some feedback before I master this.

Advertisement

I really dig your style, the I feel the there's a couple of sounds missing that could really help the overall feel. Possibly some very subtle magical tones. Either way it's sounding good.

I really dig your style, the I feel the there's a couple of sounds missing that could really help the overall feel. Possibly some very subtle magical tones. Either way it's sounding good.

Cool thanks. I was thinking about adding a text-scroll sound for the dialogue but I don't know if it would be too distracting or not. For reference I did it a lot in this trailer for the same game, got mixed feedback on that effect.

I don't think the text really adds anything.
The music is decent. Maybe you could look at adding some little melodies or effects in the high end, which seems a little empty? But yeah good stuff overall and I think you could master as is.

Hi

I think the tracks are very well and thoroughly produced. Their mood fits in with the character of the game very nicely.

But I also think that the soundtrack sounds a little bit too much of everything: a little bit overloaded with sounds and ideas and instruments and maybe a little too fast paced (that refers to my personal music taste, of course..)

I find it always more interesting when gaming action and music add something to each other that is not predictable and at some points surprising.

Cheers

Phil

Thanks for the feedback all (c:

I'm going to remix this a bit with your suggestions in mind and master it.

Bit late to the party, but really digging the compositions and their classic RPG-feel while maintaining a modern sound, they fit the visuals very well I'd say.

If I'd have to give some feedback, maybe at 0:05 make the fade-out a bit longer altogether so that it really feels as if an epic story is about to be told. Right now the harmonies blend into each other a tad fast, but that's probably because the visuals do the same thing, right? Likewise, at 00:23, the new theme comes in after the tense space sounds (nice), and here I feel the fade-in isn't necessary. Just drop that epic tune after a short fade to black is what I'd say, and maybe announce its arrival with a short cymbal or drum roll (if that even makes sense).
That's really the only thing I could come up with, content-wise I haven't got anything substantial. Feels like a playable game. How's it coming along?

A bit late also but I just wanted to get in the conversation.

Nice music overall and goes well into the genre. Starting from about one minute I was waiting some kind of a dynamic change in the composition. Maybe the background rhythm could've been changed different or none at all as now there isn't much happening. Or maybe everything could've been sucked in by the rhythm to be more dramatic. Or maybe just a higher melody as somebody mentioned before :)

About the text-scroll sfx, it's the most annoying thing and just messes up the music. At times I couldn't even concentrate on listening as text was beeping. And just at the beginning I thought that it's in the music and somethings really off.

Keep up the good work!

-Lassi

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement