Static Sound

Started by
1 comment, last by daBomb 24 years, 3 months ago
When using my DirectSound application all I can get it to play is static, and not my wav file. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be the problem. A little backgound info to the problem. I did not create my own primary buffer, I am using the one created by Direct Sound. I have error checking on everything my function that creates the sound buffer holding my sound, and nothing appears to be giving a problem. Any help would be great. At this point, I''m thinking that the game doesn''t really need sound anyway!!! :-)
Advertisement
Well, first check if you have set the sound format of the buffer correctly, or if you are loading the wav in the right way... would help if you say what flags you set for the buffer, the sound format, etc. I think the problem is that your wav file can be compressed; the DirectX 5 doesnt support wav compression (dont know about other versions).
Thanks for your advice, I never consider the fact that it could be compressed, and know that I think about it, that very well could be the problem. Thanks again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement