• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MangoMan

Need help with sdl, audio, and playing from a file

This topic is 6057 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a problem. In The game engine i am producing, i have to use a particular filetype. This filetype is a container for .afx files. Now, the adx converter sourcecode outputs to a file, but i want it to output to Sdl, so i can play it in a sound queue. I am not sure how i could get sdl to load the converted audio from a FILE, without actually storing that file on a disk. Any ideas? Thanks for any help. Edited by - MangoMan on November 18, 2001 9:09:40 AM

Advertisement
What use is a file format if the only way you can access it is to convert it to something else first? Is there no other code you can use with it?

I don''t see a way i can play afx files in sdl, without first changing the adx to wave format, then playing it.

I have just figured out that i could temporarily store the converted file in a buffer, and then play the buffer with sdl. Would this urrm work?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!