Please ! I need some help with compilers !

Started by
5 comments, last by Rafael Santos Coelho 22 years, 4 months ago
I''m a novice in this forum; and beginner in the game programing world; for now, I just know QuickBasic and a little bit of C. And with the help of all you guys I wanna know what''s the best free compiler in the internet. I''ve the DEV-C++; but when I try to compile some C file with it, the software (Dev-C++) stop, paralyse, and I have to close it with the command ALT+CTRL+DEL; The Borland C++ 5.5, don''t open anything; when I try to open some file it accuse an error "Program not found"; it says that the directory or the file don''t exist, do you understand ?! Ana I''m sure that this ( C file) exist; strange, isn''t it ?! The text editor RHIDE that come with DJGPP zip files work perfectly, edit, save, compile and etc; but when I try to "MAKE", it accuse errors whre don''t exist; for example, see it the follow C code.: #include void main(void) { printf("Hello world !\n"); } Is there anyone error here ?! I guess not. So RHIDE find errors when it goin'' MAKE compiled files; The GCC (comes with DJGGP zip files) and the LCC don''t work perfectly too; on no account I can compile any C file; just BAS files with QB 4.5; Please, can anyone here help me !? I''m despairs and furious too; ''cause it only happen with me ! Why ?! Could you suggest for me anyone good and free compiler, that exist for download in the internet ?! Please guys, I need help ! Thank you; - Rafael Santos Coelho - Confucius says: Wherever you go, there you are !
Confucius says: Wherever you go, there you are !
Advertisement
You're missing the filename ( < stdio.h > in this case ) in the #include directive.

Edited by - Fruny on November 18, 2001 10:56:44 AM
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
quote:Original post by Fruny
You''re missing the filename ( < stdio.h > in this case ) in the #include directive.

No, he''s not. The board just happens to interpret everything between <> pairs as HTML, so the includes disappear (there''s a way around it, though).

Rafael: your problem is that you haven''t created a project. Most modern compilers need a "workspace" to build anything, or different instructions for single-file project. So, listen very carefully:

READ THE HELP FILES.

Too many people think they can just jump in and get something done based on their "previous experience" or "common sense." Sorry, no can do. Each one of these environments comes with halp files and readmes that explain how they''re setup, how to configure them and how to use them. Read. Learn. Succeed.

Good luck.
Normally, when every program you try to use fails, it isn''t the programs'' fault . All of those programs work fine for a lot of people, follow Oluseyi''s advice.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
quote:Original post by Rafael Santos Coelho
for example, see it the follow C code.:

#include
void main(void)
{
printf("Hello world !\n");
}

Is there anyone error here ?! I guess not. So RHIDE find errors when it goin'' MAKE compiled files;

Two errors:
1) Standard C uses int main(), not void main()
2) you need a return 0; at the end
Those would be warnings, not errors (with GCC).
... that was me.
Stupid id/password ...
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement