Examples of Turn Based Tactical Games

Started by
19 comments, last by its_dxman 8 years, 1 month ago
Gladius has a similar melee focus to what I am looking for, thanks :)
Advertisement

Fire Emblem, Blackguards, Warmachine, etc. You can just go to steam, use the keyword Turn-Based Tactics, and hit a bevy of them.

The answers are going to be a lot more limited when the question asks specifically for suggestions that are similar to one turn based tactical game than another. Like, someone suggested banner saga, which is a great game, but does it fall in the wasteland to xcom spectrum in a way that would make sense to suggest it?

I've never played wasteland. What qualities does wasteland have over xcom that you're looking for in a game?

Radiant Verge is a Turn-Based Tactical RPG where your movement determines which abilities you can use.

Thanks all. I realise this was quite an open question, but it resulted in some helpful suggestions.

I am brainstorming at the moment and was after examples to help me focus my ideas.

Using existing games as examples is the easiest way for me to describe it.

Historical setting, very minor fantasy (think folk tales).

Melee oriented, Mordheim like party management and combat, but WEGO grid based (like XCOM) movement with stealth elements.

Strategic layer a bit like XCOM but less global and more personalised party members, like Mordheim, or even Warhammer quest.

Lots of trimming and focusing still to go, but you've all helped, thanks :)

I stumbled over an interesting 2D sci-fi TBT game on steam today, it's called Halfway.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Will take a look :)

Just to be sure, would a game like Final Fantasy Tactics would qualify based off your original parameters? I assume it would, but I don't see it suggested?

Would Hero's of Might and Magic count?

-potential energy is easily made kinetic-

Hi There,

Not really, think XCOM with Swords :)

IIRC that's exactly what combat in it is... but there is more to it than just combat.

-potential energy is easily made kinetic-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement