• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Terrain scaling

This topic is 788 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys

Ive been experimenting with a terrain from riemers xna tutorial website( link below) and came

across a problem with scaling the terrain, in my draw method(code below) I added Matrix.CreateScale and the

terrain looks to be scaled but when begin to move across the terrain I get an out of bounds exception

and I think the problem is even though the terrain is scaled visually  it still seems to reading the boundary data

from the original size of the terrain,so I was hoping if anyone had any tips on how to help me solve the

problem.

Thank you smile.png

private void DrawCity(string technique)
        {

effect1.CurrentTechnique = effect1.Techniques[technique];

effect1.Parameters["xTexture"].SetValue(sceneryTexture);
            effect1.Parameters["xWorld"].SetValue(Matrix.Identity );
            effect1.Parameters["xLightPower"].SetValue(lightPower);
            effect1.Parameters["xWorldViewProjection"].SetValue(Matrix.Identity *Matrix.CreateScale(10) * view * proj * Matrix.CreateTranslation(0,0,0));
            effect1.Parameters["xLightPosition"].SetValue(position );
            effect1.Parameters["xAmbient"].SetValue(ambientPower);
            effect1.Parameters["xlightsWorld"].SetValue(Matrix.Identity * lightsViewProjectionMatrix);
            effect1.Parameters["xShadowMap"].SetValue(shadowMap);

effect1.Begin();
            foreach (EffectPass pass in effect1.CurrentTechnique.Passes)
            {
                pass.Begin();

device.VertexDeclaration = new VertexDeclaration(device, VertexPositionNormalTexture.VertexElements);

device.Vertices[0].SetSource(cityVertexBuffer, 0, VertexPositionNormalTexture.SizeInBytes);
                device.DrawPrimitives(PrimitiveType.TriangleList, 0, cityVertexBuffer.SizeInBytes / 3);
                pass.End();
            }
            effect1.End();

riemers link

http://www.riemers.net/eng/Tutorials/XNA/Csharp/Series2/Loading_the_floorplan.php

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement