• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Yours3!f

OpenGL "check before flight" list - for OpenGL

This topic is 873 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

Great list, but I'd like to add that one should also test for OpenGL errors.

Edited by bioglaze

Couple of additions:

- Is it initialized properly? (For libraries like glew). 

- Do you have an extension library? (To load extensions ofc- again glew).

- Do you have the extension you want to use? (Something uncommong but might occur)

Great list, if I had this when i started i'd save myself at least a day worth of work laugh.png

-Are your matrices correctly set? ( world, view, and most importantly, projection)

Edit: Also, if I'm unsure if things are working, I usually change the clear color from frame to frame. That way I know that the window and the context is working, and the draw calls are actually happening. This can also show that buffers are swapped if necessary.

Edited by TheUnnamable

Subsets of the above:

• Are you sure you translated along the Z axis in the correct direction? (I should know on this one)
  • Did you translate it far enough from the camera? (i.e. beyond the near plane)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!