• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Alex St-Amant

OpenAL and Asus sound card Problem on 64 application

This topic is 869 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

My problem is quite a bit tricky, but i'm sure i can get some help. 

I'm currently on development of an application that uses OpenAL to play audio. Our soundtracks are all 6 channel wave. The sound card that we use is Asus Xonar DSX (tested on DX, and DS, same problem occurs). I know that, according to the OpenAL doc, using "Generic Software" device will result of the multi-channel buffers being mixed down to stereo. So we should use "Generic Hardware" instead. 

I've made so research about it and found that I need to activate or deactivate GX on XONAR DSX audio center to switch between "Generic Hardware" and "Generic Software".

The problem is, if the GX is activated, everything is fine while running my application in 32-bit, but it seams that it does nothing when I run my application in 64-bit.

** Tried with a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio and the above problem was not present, no need for configuration (just to make sure the problem was not in the code)

It seems that activating the GX has no impact on OpenAL 64-bit...

*** see OpenAL info for 32-bit and 64-bit attached 

What should I do ? Help plzz mellow.png

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!