MARIA : A very sad game

Started by
4 comments, last by NostalgiaWorks 8 years, 1 month ago

mariaexample.png?w=660

MARIA

http://bit.ly/21Fichm

So this is the first ‘game’ I’ve made from start to finish. It’s more of a short story if anything, using RPG Maker Xp’s software to tell a story about a boy and a girl. Though I figured I’d go ahead and try make it as sad and depressing as possible. I’m still working on actual enjoyable game mechanics, but I thought I’d focus on the story driven games before moving up to the much more difficult stuff, though soon enough I'll be churning out cliche platformers in no time! There are heavy themes within this rather short experience, so be warned! It's around ten minutes long, and I've put a whole bunch of effort into it, so I would really appreciate anybody playing it and giving some feedback.

:Disclaimer:

Violence, Sexual Abuse, Sadness.

-HOW TO PLAY-

• Click the link below ‘MARIA’ above to be taken to drop box
  • In the top right hand corner, click the three dots
  • Hit download and unzip the folder to wherever you want
  • Find the game.exe within and double click it.

-CONTROLS-

• Alt+Enter to go full screen
  • Space bar to interact
  • Directional keys to move
  • The environment has things you can interact with, so check some stuff out around the maps.

I’d love some feedback! Hopefully it’s not too terrible, seeing as there isn’t exactly much game play, but tell me what you think. Thanks :)

Advertisement

Looks nice. I'll try it.

And a liitle suggestion, dropbox s*cks cause it need to login. I recommended you to use a googledrive or else in future.

Upd.: Sorry, now I see what I can to continue with no login, then I closed the login window.

And a liitle suggestion, dropbox s*cks cause it need to login. I recommended you to use a googledrive or else in future.

Upd.: Sorry, now I see what I can to continue with no login, then I closed the login window.

Yeah, drop box is a bit of a shitter for sharing stuff. I'll probably use google drive in the future after the hassle of drop box xD

But oh, if that works, then awesome!

Hopefully it isn't too sad/terrible of a game aha. Cheers <3

Pretty good graphics and classic jrpg gamepaly always have a huge fans crowd. But I think you guys must to do something more positive based on this project.

Cheers!

Pretty good graphics and classic jrpg gamepaly always have a huge fans crowd. But I think you guys must to do something more positive based on this project.

Cheers!

Yeah, it is a bit depressing xD Though I dunno, I enjoy the whole sad vibe in games. Playing a happy game is okay and all, but there's no real catch to keep me drawn in. The whole idea for this game was to make people get feels, and if I could do that with a video game, then I feel like I succeeded in my game plan :) Of course in the future I'm gonna be making much more cheerful games, but focusing on mechanics rather than story. Or maybe both. I dunno aha.

Plus, it's just me working on the game <3

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement