How can I improve my C++?

Started by
2 comments, last by tuxx 22 years, 5 months ago
hey, i was wondering: i have a pretty basic knowledge of C++ now, I know about references, pointers(i still don''t get them totally),linked lists,classes,inheritance,not templates (i read about them in Teach Yourself C++ in 10 Minutes but I couldn''t quite get them),functions,polymorphism,virtual functions, and i''m thinking about this really cool idea of a wrapper class for something (how would you like to type:

Direct3D8 myApp(640,480,32,HEL,VB);
myApp.CreateSurface("mySurface",offscreen,128,128);
myApp.mySurface.data = image;
myApp.imageOpen("image",128,128,32,NULL);
myApp.Render();

) Ok, so it sounds kind of weird, but I like it. So, what I''m trying to say is , how can I learn more about C++? I want to learn about other C++ stuff to help me when I program. can anyone recomend a book for me at my C++ level ^ ?
[email=dumass@poppet.com]dumass@poppet.com[/email]
Advertisement
It''s not C++ specific, but everyone should read this one(most examples are in C++ tho): Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software by Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson and John Vlissides.

Psalm 137:9: "Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones."
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Try taking a look at Thinking in C++ vol 1 & 2. Get them from Mindview.
==========================================In a team, you either lead, follow or GET OUT OF THE WAY.
Go to Guru of the Week. Don''t read too much at once, or your head will hurt.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement