• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kents

Dedicated site to connect indies - The site is now completely open

This topic is 1013 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, since announcing our site (for those who don't yet know, http://teamstarter.net is a dedicated site to allow indie devs to connect with each other and start or join project teams to bring games to market in a collaborative fashion), one of the strongest points of feedback though was that people wanted to be able to browse the site freely, without needing to sign in.  After getting that feedback, we realized that you guys are completely right - TeamStarter exists as a site to help promote the projects of our members - and we couldn't do that well if the project was behind a closed wall.  We'd be doing our members a disservice by keeping the site closed off.  So, now we have completely opened the site up - you can browse the members and projects directories without signing in.  Member, project, and task searches are still reserved for people we sign up, and of course if you want to connect with others and message them, you'll need to sign up.  But, aside from that, it's a completely open site.  Once again, thanks for the feedback, and join the fray!

Advertisement

Why not open up searches to non-members? Think about it from a user's perspective. I'm looking for a team that uses Unreal engine. I go to your projects, get presented with a bunch of pages. I'm only interested in see'ing projects using the unreal engine, so I search on that, and can't view the results...

If anything, you should have to register to view the project URL's, that way people can actually find projects applicable to what they're looking for, and register if they're interested.

definitely need to be able to search projects with no signup.    

i've been making PC games for over 30 years, and might have been of use to your customers, but not now.   i'm not going to sign up just to see what you have in 1st person 3d rpg projects.

"tower defense" and no "simulation" as game types also has a "bad code smell" to it.

Edited by Norman Barrows

I agree with the above posters about letting search be available to non-members.

Also on the UI side, you should make the Project Search and Task Search tabs and have the different sections collapsible. I don't want to have to scroll and scroll down a page just to select an option.

Otherwise. I like the site.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!