• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prozak

Window Handling in C++

This topic is 6209 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I''m creating a wrapper around GL&DX, but there are a few things that annoy me, like not being able to completely control the window. Here are my questions: 1) How to create a window with no maximize, restore buttons? 2) How do i intercept those buttons calls, and cancel them? 3) How do I cancel the resize, moving of a window? (i know how to create a window that canot be resized, i''m after some code to just cancel it...) Thanx all, Hugo Ferreira UniteK Future "Concentrate, and you can see it. If you see it, then it is possible. If it is possible, you can Achieve it."

Advertisement
Don''t reinvent the wheel. Such wrappers already exists (GLUT, SDL, whatever... ).

Unless you KNOW what you''re getting into, use an existing library. I''m sure everybody here has their favorite

(Otherwise... look into the documentation of Windows'' platform SDK (since I assume you''re working on Windows)).

hmmm... dude.... THATS NOT WHAT I ASKED!!!

jesus...!!!!

Hugo Ferreira
UniteK Future
"Concentrate, and you can see it. If you see it, then it is possible. If it is possible, you can Achieve it."

*sigh*

Not having buttons on the title bar is a parameter to CreateWindow().

Otherwise, what you are looking for are called hooks.
Lookup SetWindowsHookEx() as a starting point.

And don''t "dude" me or I''ll set the Erisian Turkey Curse on you.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!