Window Handling in C++

Started by
2 comments, last by Prozak 22 years, 5 months ago
Hi all, I''m creating a wrapper around GL&DX, but there are a few things that annoy me, like not being able to completely control the window. Here are my questions: 1) How to create a window with no maximize, restore buttons? 2) How do i intercept those buttons calls, and cancel them? 3) How do I cancel the resize, moving of a window? (i know how to create a window that canot be resized, i''m after some code to just cancel it...) Thanx all, Hugo Ferreira UniteK Future "Concentrate, and you can see it. If you see it, then it is possible. If it is possible, you can Achieve it."
Advertisement
Don''t reinvent the wheel. Such wrappers already exists (GLUT, SDL, whatever... ).

Unless you KNOW what you''re getting into, use an existing library. I''m sure everybody here has their favorite

(Otherwise... look into the documentation of Windows'' platform SDK (since I assume you''re working on Windows)).
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
hmmm... dude.... THATS NOT WHAT I ASKED!!!

jesus...!!!!

Hugo Ferreira
UniteK Future
"Concentrate, and you can see it. If you see it, then it is possible. If it is possible, you can Achieve it."
*sigh*

Not having buttons on the title bar is a parameter to CreateWindow().

Otherwise, what you are looking for are called hooks.
Lookup SetWindowsHookEx() as a starting point.

And don''t "dude" me or I''ll set the Erisian Turkey Curse on you.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement