• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Multi-user Editing in Unity3d Scenes

This topic is 739 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello GDNet community!

I am working with a team of developers and we have successfully created a Unity package that allows multiple users to edit the same Unity scene simultaneously. I am posting here because although the package is working and implementable, it still needs some improvements and has a few issues that need to be worked out.

I would like to extend the offer to sign up for our free beta with the hope that you can provide us with feedback that we can use to improve the tool. It is really quick to set up and doesn’t require you to change your current project in any way.

Here is the tool in action with a bit of an explanation. This is a view of what a user would see as other users (the highlighted colors) manipulate assets, textures and landscapes within a scene:

Here is an in-engine shot:

http://imgur.com/HMp9CR2

At the end of the day, we want to make something that is really effective and helpful for teams developing with Unity. The only way we can do that is if other Unity developers give us honest feedback on their experience. We are open to any and all feedback!

Here is a link to the tool: Scene Fusion

Thanks!

Alex

You can follow us on twitter: @KinematicSoup

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kinematicsoup/

Edit: Updated links

Edited by ARThiessen

Advertisement
Hey everyone! I have a quick update for you regarding added features, bug fixes and new content. We are still in need of additional feedback, so any questions/comments you have (even if you haven't tried the tool) are very helpful!

New Content
We have created a few new videos to help new users to Scene Fusion get started.

New Scene Fusion information page: kinematicsoup.com/scene-fusion
Getting started video:
Using Perforce with Scene Fusion video:
General Scene Fusion workflow video:

We are also currently collecting a survey on the current state of game development workflow and tools. If anyone would like to participate, you can follow this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7WTDCJB. It only takes about 5 minutes to complete.

New Features
Syncing of terrain details
Additional property syncing support for many Unity components
Children in prefabs are now syncing

Bug Fixes
Fixed a project publishing issue when Scene Fusion was in the project
Fixed bug where objects would be duplicated if their prefab had empty children

Scene Fusion has been released. If you haven't tried it out yet, head over to kinematicsoup.com to sign up.

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Thanks!

Edit: Updated links
Edited by ARThiessen

Hello everyone,

I wanted to drop by and let you know that we have released a major update today!

Scene Fusion now supports object hierarchy syncing! What this means is that you will no longer have to rely on prefabs in order to use the system. This was a frequently requested feature from our beta users, so we are very excited to be launching this update.

The free open beta is still active, so if you haven’t had a chance to try out multi-user scene editing in Unity, now is a great time!

For more information, visit: kinematicsoup.com/scene-fusion

Cheers!

edit: update links

Edited by ARThiessen

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!