• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

3D mesh explosion in Cocos2D-X

This topic is 769 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am developing a 3D game with Cocos2D-X. I want to implement the functionality of exploding 3D mesh file into its components. I found that Cocos2D-X currently does not include the feature of destructible mesh similar to other game engines. As per the 3D documentation on Cocos2D-X website, Cocos2D-X currently supports Particle Universe Editor for creation of the 3D particle effects, but the domain for download link of Particle Universe Editor is expired (Mirrors also lead to expired domain). I am able to use the in-built explosion 3D particle system in Cocos2D-X, but I want the texture of exploded particles to be the same as the mesh texture.

I have the following queries:

1) Does anyone have the working link for downloading the Particle Universe Editor?

2) Are there any other alternative tools/plug-ins for creating 3D mesh explosion for Cocos2D-X?

3) Also, are there any other good approaches for implementing 3D mesh explosion functionality in Cocos2D-X?

I’d appreciate any suggestions on this issue. Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement