• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Bennysce

Weirdness: Mouse and Keyboard stop working when connecting Xbox one controller

This topic is 998 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! Wow it's been ages since I posted here. Well, here's a weird one for you:

Connecting my Xbox one controller causes mouse and keyboard to stop reporting state. It works fine connecting a 360 controller. I'm on Windows 10 and using DirectX9 June 10 SDK. The Xbox one controller reads state from XInput and mouse and keyboard and 360 controllers uses DirectInput. Except for that all code is shared between the Xbox one controller and 360 controller.

As soon as the Xbox one controller is connected the GetDeviceState(sizeof(DIMOUSESTATE2), _currentState) and GetDeviceState(256, _currentState) calls for mouse and keyboard respectively just starts reporting zeroes no matter what I click och type.

As soon as I disconnect the Xbox one controller it all works perfectly again. What's even weirder is that this worked a month ago and I went back to that code and same thing! Something must have happened with windows, xbox drivers or something.

Anyone have any similar experiences mixing Xbox one controller and DirectInput for mouse and keyboard and other controllers?

Don't know what else to test :(

Oh and the Xbox one controller is the one without the 3.5mm audio jack pre summer 2015 if that matters.

Advertisement

More info: It does not matter if I read state using XInputGetState or not. As soon as I call lpDirectInputDevice->Acquire() on the Xbox one controller it is the only input working in my game until I disconnect it again.

No problem. I'd seen some internal emails about issues with Xbox One Controllers + Mouse/Keyboard functionality on Windows 10 and the Reddit thread came up. The issue has been investigated though, so we're aware!

Great! I had entirely different symptoms than those in the thread so I didn't get my hopes up but its been solid since I changed the driver. I didn't have teamspeak or Uplay, just my own game smile.png

Edited by Bennysce

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!