• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Titlebar

This topic is 6026 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This question does not relate to OpenGL but hopefully one of you will answer it anyway. I''m using VC++ 6 and want the main window to have no titlebar (the thingy with the icon, the Title of the window and the max, min and close buttons) .. i think i tried all possible window styles (third argument of CreateWindow()) but the window always had that titlebar. So my question is how do i get rid of that freaking titlebar? MfG, erzengel

Advertisement
There are more in CreateWindowEx()

Try (maybe) WS_EX_DLGMODALFRAME

"Creates a window that has a double border; the window can, optionally, be created with a title bar by specifying the WS_CAPTION style in the dwStyle parameter."

sorry .. it still dosent''t work. I tried now also tried all of the WS_EX_ styles but still there is always this titlebar. Ok .. it''s empty with no Icons, no text and no buttons but i would want it completly gone .. any other ideas?

THX,
Erzengel

yes i tried .. and it didn''t work as well. But i found another solution, i used a DialogBox instead of a window (i know that a DialogBox is just a special Window but hey if it works you won''t see complaining *g*) and heureka it worked ..

But thanks for the offered help.

CU,
Erzengel

Try a dwStyle = WS_POPUP, and a dwExStyle = WS_EX_DLGMODALFRAME. It worked for me.

WS_POPUP by itself will give you a window with no border, and no title bar.

J.W.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!