• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
hpdvs2

Recommendations for Game Design Tools (for Wireframes/Layouts)

This topic is 1000 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a game mechanic that is a lot of fun, but I'm having trouble visualizing different game themes/layouts.  

Could someone recommend tools you might use to help quickly outline some ideas?  

*Needs: 

• Drag and drop general shapes
  • Ability to add more custom shapes.
  • Ability to include graphics, PNG/Transparent.
  • Windows or Online tool please.  

- At present, I use power point, as it allows me a relatively easy layout, and all of my team has it with MS Office.  But I'd like to find other tools, and see if I can't find something better.

- Thanks!

Edited by Dan Violet Sagmiller

Advertisement
Have you tried microsoft visio or libreoffice draw? Those programs were pretty much created for process flow diagrams. Also, maybe prezi.

I thought about visio, which I do have, but not every team member does, and its an expensive add-on just for a light design tool (as its need is here).  I tried Libre Office Draw a while ago.  I might look back into that.

- Thanks!

Edited by Dan Violet Sagmiller

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!