• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Rancorb

Happy Landings - Version 3.1 Released

This topic is 1001 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Not new, but not mentioned it in a (long) while. My iOS game, Happy Landings, just reached version 3.1 and is what I'd now consider complete.

The game is a top down view of hot air balloons that need to be landed on platforms to score points. Swipe to push them round the screen and tap to place a vortex to hold them in place for a few seconds. Match the symbol on the balloon with the landing pad for triple points.

It's free so please go try it out. iPhone and iPad support (but it's easier to play on the iPad).

It has mostly been a labour of love, as it's my first game developed with the intention of being released as a 'Proper' game. It's been through a couple of major revamps over the years and is now a much more polished and focused game than it was on release. A lot has been learnt about game development and project management doing it, so despite being stretched over 3 years it has still been worthwhile. Mostly I've learned how good I am at procrastinating, but there were a few other lessons learned :)

I still like the game after all these years, and have had good feedback from the people I know who have tried it. 

Let me know if you have any questions, and any suggestions for future improvements are welcome. 

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!