• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miner2049er

How to Avoid Filtering on Stretched Blits?

This topic is 6114 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In my Windowed DirectDraw7 app, when I blit from a 320x240 back buffer, to a 2x (640x480) window on my (1024x768) desktop, I get a blurry, filtered image. I would like to obtain sharp doubled pixels - does anyone know how I can set up my blit NOT to draw filtered? FYI, I''m using an Nvidia Vanta, and I have many Windowed apps that display both 1x and 2x sharp images. Thanks in advance, Simon.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
blit it yourself (though you lose hardware accelerated blits and could not do video to video blits only system to video). It would not be too slow since you will not be doing the bilinear filtering. I odnt think there is a way to turn that off though. You can try using a tweak utility for nvidia cards, or check the msdn to see if there is any info on modifing how blits are handled.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!