• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

How to write a texture to a face(Solid ) in a geometric model

This topic is 757 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! I am trying implement one functionality . Please help me in it.

problem statement:

How to write a text on 3d model surface which is imported from STL file .

Added image for reference. please anyone give me an idea.

Advertisement

Convert them to FBX or COLLADA, import into a 3D editor (Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, etc.), add UV’s and textures, throw away all STL assets, and use FBX/COLLADA from now on.

L. Spiro

Hi Spiro,
Great to hear from you.i cant use any software.I am developing one CAD application in that I need to implement above functionality.please let me know your inputs.Thank you.
Regards
Nag

Generating UV coordinates is nontrivial, and has to be done specifically for each different mesh. Depending on what you want to put where, you can project you record it's onto the mash by setting up a specific view and projection matrix and converting the points using that matrix into a 0 to 1 range in both directions. These would be your UV coordinates.

Or you would need to import these files into some 3-D editing software and export the UV coordinates into to a separate file. Then load both files together and take the UV coordinates from the other file.

It's hard to offer advice without knowing what you're doing and what restrictions you have.

L. Spiro

Hi Spiro,

That was great! I am developing application in C++,Qt,Opencascade library.Platform Windows7.Can you please let me know detailed approach.

Best Regards

Nageswara Rao

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement